ETWR Gold is a new program to recognize East Tennessee worksites that exemplify excellence in worksite wellness. Worksites awarded the ETWR Gold status will be given a certificate, decals and access to the logo. Additionally, the Knox County Health Department (KCHD) has received grant funding to help Knox County organizations implement evidence-based strategies to achieve cultures of the health at their workplace. During the ETWR Gold application process, each worksite will have the opportunity to communicate areas where they could use assistance/funding/resources from KCHD in order to implement new wellness initiatives or improve upon existing initiatives. For example, if your workplace would like to have an employee garden, but does not have the resources to purchase gardening supplies, applicants can request resources from KCHD to support this initiative. KCHD can also provide technical assistance and example worksite policies for improving upon or implementing new wellness initiatives. Below is a full list of available resources/incentives that Knox County worksites who apply will be eligible to receive:
- Fitness equipment for onsite fitness rooms
- Kitchen equipment for preparing healthy foods
- Supplies and furniture for lactation rooms
- Supplies for worksite gardens
- Bike racks
- Healthy vending toolkit and vending compliance calculator
- Scales and Blood pressures cuffs for health monitoring purposes
- Supervisor training for TN drug-free workplace initiation
- Printed materials
- Example policies and procedures
- Link to existing resources in the community
- Decals, certificate and the ETWR Gold logo
- Publicity through ETWR website, Facebook page and media releases
We encourage East Tennessee worksites of all sizes to apply during the application cycle, and any member of an organization can apply as long as he or she is knowledgeable about wellness initiatives and is willing to be the point of contact. The application will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
The application is closed at this time. The application cycle will reopen in 2018.
For the full 2017 ETWR Gold timeline, click here. For frequently asked questions, click here. If you have further questions, please contact Rebecca Ellison at Rebecca.Ellison@knoxcounty.org. For reminders and updates, join ETWR and you will receive future email communications or like us on Facebook.
This project is funded under a grant contract with the State of Tennessee.